ADOM COVID-19 Guidelines as of
August 6, 2021
• The ADOM COVID protocol is modeled on CDC guidance and will be revised as needed consistent with any additional guidance from the CDC or FL Department of Health.
• Anyone who is sick should remain at home until symptoms resolve. Please contact the school. Anyone who has been tested for COVID and awaits results, should remain at home. Please contact the school.
• Any exposure to persons with COVID should be reported to the school; student should remain at home until school determines if there is a need for quarantine.
• Any student with a positive diagnosis of COVID should isolate at home and contact the school; the school determine when return to school is safe.
•Masks are optional outdoors, for anyone, regardless of vaccination status; maintain social distance.
•Masks are optional indoors for persons fully vaccinated who have provided documentation of the vaccination to the school; maintain social distance of at least 3’.
•Masks are required for those not vaccinated age 2 or older except outdoors, when eating or during sports or other vigorous activity.
• TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS --- Outside Archdiocese of Miami but WITHIN USA
If fully vaccinated, no quarantine requirements.
If not fully vaccinated, quarantine following US travel is required and is the 7-day + PCR protocol or the 10-day protocol without any testing.
• TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS --- INTERNATIONAL
If fully vaccinated, no quarantine required – but PCR testing within 3-5 days of return to US with test results reported to school
If not fully vaccinated, mandated quarantine upon return; use 7-day + PCR testing protocol or the 10-day protocol without any testing.
QUARANTINE PROTOCOL WHEN QUARANTINE IS NECESSARY
IF NOT VACCINATED:
QUARANTINE 7 DAYS + PCR and caution until 14th day
quarantine continued until NEGATIVE PCR results received
quarantine must include at least 7 full days
present negative results to supervisor/school
return to normal life after negative results and completion of 7 full days of quarantine
EXTRA caution for 7 more days/monitor symptoms for full 14 days’ incubation period
IF ELECTING NOT TO TEST: QUARANTINE 10 DAYS and caution until 14th day
10 full days of quarantine
Return to normal life after 10 full days of quarantine if NO symptoms have begun
EXTRA caution for 4 more days/monitor symptoms for full 14 days’ incubation period
ISOLATION WHEN A POSITIVE DIAGNOSIS IS RECEIVED :
Test results must be submitted to the school.
If asymptomatic: a minimum of 10 days’ isolation; NO TESTING NEEDED TO RETURN.
If symptomatic: a minimum of 10 days’ isolation and return only after symptoms are resolved. NO TESTING NEEDED TO RETURN.
PARTICIPATION IN HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETICS
To participate on a high school athletic team, negative PCR test result (at site selected by student) is required weekly. Athletes may opt out of weekly testing if they document they are fully vaccinated or, within the 90-days post recovery, document natural immunity via a positive diagnosis.
IF FULLY VACCINATED AND DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED TO THE SCHOOL:
• Masks are not required outdoors; masks are not required indoors for the fully vaccinated.
• Student may opt out of weekly testing in order to participate in school athletics.
• No quarantine needed following international travel, however testing is required.
• No quarantine or testing needed following travel in USA.
• No quarantine needed if close contact to someone who is contagious but should be tested 3-5 days after the exposure AND a mask worn for up to 14 days or until a negative test result is received. However, if symptomatic, then isolation of a minimum of 10 days is needed.
IF THE STUDENT HAD POSITIVE COVID DIAGNOSIS WITHIN PRIOR 90 DAYS
Test results must be submitted to the school.
• Natural immunity following recovery can be documented with positive test result.s
• Masks are not required outdoors; during 90 days after recovery, masks are not required indoors.
• Students may opt out of weekly testing in order to participate in school athletics within the 90-day post recovery period.
• If documented, no quarantine needed following travel with US within the 90-day post recovery period.
• If documented, no quarantine needed following close contact to someone who is contagious within the 90-day post recovery period. However, if symptomatic, then isolation is needed.
• Please see this helpful flier from the CDC related to handwashing and hand sanitizer.
• Please see this helpful flier from the CDC related to stopping the spread of germs.